Political Science at Huntingdon
Huntingdon College | Political Science | Courses | Club News | What's New?
Optional: purchase Union Jacks here PSC 321: British Politics & Trip
US Passport Application Notes
Notes by Jane Williams; page by Jeremy Lewis.

  • If you do not have a current passport that does not expire prior to November 2006, you need to apply for a passport.  How do you apply?  Just follow these simple instructions.



    1. Go to the State Department’s web: http://travel.state.gov
    2. Select PASSPORTS on the menu at the top of the page
    3. At end of section “New Application for a U.S. Passport, click on “How to get a passport.
    4. On First Time Screen, click on “How to Apply & Documentation”
    5. Click on “To download an application form, please click here”
    6. On left side of screen, select Application for Passport DS-11 and print a blank DS-11 form    DO NOT sign the form – it must be signed in front of the accepting agent.

  • You can also use this screen to find the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility.

  • With the DS-11 form you will need two passport photos, proof of U.S. Citizenship (certified birth certificate), proof of identity (usually a driver’s license), and a check for $97 or credit card.

  • If your passport expiration date is before November 2006, you will need to renew your passport.  This can be done through the mail or at a Passport Acceptance Facility.
  • Additional note by Dr. Lewis: Post Offices in Montgomery that process passports: Catoma St (near TUM, downtown); and Blount Blvd (near AUM).