If you do not have a current passport that does not expire prior to November 2006, you need to apply for a passport. How do you apply? Just follow these simple instructions.
1. Go to the State Department’s web: http://travel.state.gov
2. Select PASSPORTS on the menu at the top of the page
3. At end of section “New Application for a U.S. Passport, click on “How to get a passport.
4. On First Time Screen, click on “How to Apply & Documentation”
5. Click on “To download an application form, please click here”
6. On left side of screen, select Application for Passport DS-11 and print a blank DS-11 form DO NOT sign the form – it must be signed in front of the accepting agent.
You can also use this screen to find the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility.
With the DS-11 form you will need two passport photos, proof of U.S. Citizenship (certified birth certificate), proof of identity (usually a driver’s license), and a check for $97 or credit card.
If your passport expiration date is before November 2006, you will need to renew your passport. This can be done through the mail or at a Passport Acceptance Facility. Additional note by Dr. Lewis: Post Offices in Montgomery that process passports: Catoma St (near TUM, downtown); and Blount Blvd (near AUM).