"The History of US-Saudi
for the PSC 212 American Policymaking Systems class
in Flowers 101 on Monday March 1, 2004 at 9am.
"Diversity in Islam"
for the AWAC | Great Decisions program in Flowers 101 on Monday March 1 at 4:00 pm.
"How Laws Are Made and
Enforced in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia"
for the PSC 305 Presidency and Congress class
on Tuesday March 2 in Smith 104 at 9:30 am.
They are also speaking to the AWAC
(Alabama World Affairs Council)
at a lunch seminar Tuesday March 2 at noon at the Capitol City Club.
The speakers are a leading Saudi media personality
and a leading international business executive,
western educated, and speaking fluent English.
Tour sponsored by the Saudi embassy and Chamber of Commerce.
HC Contact: Dr. Jeremy Lewis, ext. 4521.
(A) Mrs. Samar Fatany
· Senior Announcer, Talk Show Host and Radio Journalist for Radio Jeddah.
· BA in Mass Communications from Cairo University , Egypt. BBC Media Course Training.
· Mrs. Fatany is the best known female radio personality in the kingdom. She has covered all major events and affairs in her country & conducted numerous high-level interviews with foreign & local officials and opinion leaders.
· Her English is fluent.
(B) Mr. Omar A. Bahlaiwa
· Secretary General, Saudi Committee on Development of International Trade.
· BS in Electrical Engineering from King Saud University. English language Diploma from
Georgia Institute of Technology. Industrial Training at Stone & Webster.
· Mr. Bahlaiwa has worked for several companies as well as the Saudi Industrial
· His English is fluent.